Benefits not covered by our plan or New Hampshire Medicaid
AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire can connect you to resources and referrals in your community to help you manage issues beyond your medical care.
- Need help with child care or meeting you or your family’s basic needs
- Worry about your housing or living conditions
- Have trouble getting enough food to feed you or your family
- Find it hard to get to appointments, work or school because of transportation issues
- Feel unsafe or are experiencing domestic violence (if you are in immediate danger, call 911)
For help and more information you can call:
- Member Services at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY: 1-855-534-6730) , 24/7, seven days a week, or
- 211- NH Dial 2-1-1 or 866-444-4211 (TTY: 603-634-3388) or visit www.211nh.org
Services not covered
The following services are not covered by our plan. However, these services are available through New Hampshire Medicaid as long as the provider is enrolled with New Hampshire Medicaid:
- Some prescription drugs are covered by New Hampshire Medicaid when billed through a pharmacy. They include but are not limited to, certain prescription drugs used to treat Hemophilia, and the drugs Carbaglu® and Ravicti®. The pharmacy will bill New Hampshire Medicaid for these medications.
- Comprehensive dental services, including orthodontia, for members under age 21 years
- Dental services limited to the treatment of acute pain or infections for members aged 21 years and over
- Early supports and services for infants and children aged birth to 3 years
- Medicaid-to-school services
- Nursing home or nursing facility services – sometimes called long-term care nursing facilities), including: skilled nursing facility services, long-term care nursing facility services, and intermediate care facility services (nursing homes and acute care swing beds)
- Intermediate care facility services (nursing home and acute care swing beds)
- Glencliff Home services
- Division of Child, Youth, and Family Program services for Medicaid eligible children and youth referred by the courts or juvenile parole board, including:
- Home based therapy
- Child support services (also known as Child Health Support Services)
- Intensive Home and Community Services
- Placement services
- Private Non-medical Institutional Care for Children
- Crisis intervention
- Home and Community-Based Care waiver services for:
- Members with acquired brain disorders;
- Members with developmental disabilities;
- Members up to age 21 years with developmental disabilities under the In- Home Supports waiver program; and
- Members with age-related disabilities, chronic illnesses, or physical disabilities under the Choices for Independence waiver.
- These programs provide long-term services and supports in your home, as well as in assisted living facilities, community residences, and residential care homes.
For more information, please call NH DHHS Customer Service Center at 1-844-ASK-DHHS (1-844-275-3447) (TDD Relay Access: 1-800-735-2964), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.