Open enrollment: Join AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire to get health care that helps make life easier. Learn more and enroll now.
Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
You play a vital role in protecting the integrity of the New Hampshire Medicaid program. To prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse, AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire works with NH DHHS, members, providers, health plans, and law enforcement agencies.
Examples of fraud, waste and abuse include:
- When you get a bill for health care services you never received.
- Lack of information in member health record to support services billed.
- Loaning your health insurance membership card to others for the purpose of receiving health care services, supplies or prescription drugs.
- Providing false or misleading health care information that affect payment for services.
You can report suspected fraud and abuse in any of the following ways:
- Call the AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline at 1-866-833-9718 or email FraudTip@amerihealthcaritas.com.
- Write to AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire, Special Investigations Unit, 200 Stevens Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19113.
- Contact the New Hampshire Office of the Attorney General:
- By phone: 603-271-3658 (TDD Access Relay: 1-800-735-2964). Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET.
- By fax: 603-271-2110.
- By mail: Office of the Attorney General, 33 Capitol Street, Concord, NH 03301.
- Online: http://www.doj.nh.gov/consumer/complaints/index.htm.
Below are examples of information that will assist with the investigation:
- Contact Information (e.g., name of individual making the allegation, address, phone number).
- Description of the alleged fraudulent or abuse activities.
- Time frame of the allegation(s).
- Name and identification number of the suspected individual.
- Source of the complaint, including the type of item or service involved in the allegation.
- Approximate dollar amounts involved, if known.
- Place of service.