As an AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire member, you keep all of your core Medicaid benefits.
What's more, you can enjoy extra benefits, too. We make care the heart of our work. Our family of companies has been serving members like you for more than 35 years. We have used all of that experience to provide extra benefits that help you focus on your health care needs.
Learn more about what is included in your plan:
- Medical benefits
See a list of the medical benefits you get as one of our members.
- Behavioral health benefits
Review our services for members with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Pharmacy and prescription benefits
Learn about our pharmacy and prescription benefits.
- Extra benefits
In addition to the covered services required by New Hampshire Medicaid, we offer extra benefits to help you.
- Your Care Card
You can earn rewards by doing things that help you stay healthy.
Need a ride to your next checkup? We can help.
- Health programs
Find out about our special programs that help our members with unique health care needs.
- Take a Health Risk Assessment
Take a short quiz about your health. Get your wellness score and learn tips to be healthier.
If you get a bill or statement
As a member, you do not have to pay for medically necessary covered services you get from a New Hampshire Medicaid provider.
If you get a bill or statement, call AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire Member Services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730).
Remember to ask your health care provider:
- Are you an AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire provider?
- Does this service need prior authorization?
These questions can keep you from getting a bill.
New Hampshire Medicaid benefits covered outside the plan
New Hampshire Medicaid directly covers some Medicaid benefits that the plan does not cover even though the plan may help coordinate them. That is why you should always carry both your AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire and New Hampshire Medicaid membership cards. Always show your AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire member ID card to receive services covered by the plan. If you need help getting any covered services, please call Member Services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730).
The following services are not covered by our plan. However, these services are available through New Hampshire Medicaid as long as the provider is enrolled with New Hampshire Medicaid:
- Some prescription drugs when billed through a pharmacy. This includes, but is not limited to, certain prescription drugs used to treat hemophilia and the drugs Carbaglu® and Ravicti®. The pharmacy will bill New Hampshire Medicaid for these medications.
- Comprehensive dental services, including orthodontia, for members under age 21.
- Dental services limited to the treatment of acute pain or infections for members age 21 years and over.
- Early supports and services (early intervention services) for infants and children from birth to age 3 years.
- Medicaid-to-school services.
- Nursing home or nursing facility services (sometimes called long-term care nursing facility services), including skilled nursing facility services, long-term care nursing facility services, and intermediate care facility services (nursing homes and acute care swing beds).
- Intermediate care facility services (nursing home and acute care swing beds).
- Glencliff Home services.
- Division of Child, Youth, and Family Program services for Medicaid-eligible children and youth referred by the courts or juvenile parole board, including:
- Home-based therapy.
- Child support services (also known as child health support services).
- Intensive home- and community-based services.
- Placement services.
- Private non-medical institutional care for children.
- Crisis intervention.
- Home and community-based waiver for:
- Members with acquired brain disorders.
- Members with developmental disabilities.
- Members up to age 21 with developmental disabilities in the In-Home Supports Waiver program.
- Members with age-related disabilities, chronic illnesses, or physical disabilities under the Choices for Independence program.
These programs provide long-term services and supports in your home, as well as in assisted living facilities, community residences, and residential care homes.
For more information, please call the New Hampshire DHHS Customer Service Center at 1-844-ASK-DHHS (1-844-275-3447) (TTY 1-800-735-2964), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
If you need more information about any of your AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire benefits, call AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire Member Services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730).