How to Get Care When You Are Away From Home
Care Outside New Hampshire and the United States
In some cases, AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire may pay for health care services you get from a provider located along the New Hampshire border or in another state. Your primary care provider (PCP) and AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire can give you more information about which providers and services are covered outside of New Hampshire by your health plan, and how you can get them if needed.
- If you need medically necessary emergency care while traveling anywhere within the United States and its territories, AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire will pay for your care.
- Your health plan will not pay for care received outside of the United States and its territories.
If you have any questions about getting care outside of New Hampshire or the United States, talk with your PCP or call Member Services at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730). Remember, Member Services is here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
24/7 Nurse Line
You can also always contact the 24/7 Nurse Line if you cannot reach your provider or are away from home. The 24/7 Nurse Line is there for you toll free at 1-855-216-6065 (TTY 1-855-534-6730).
When you call the toll-free 24/7 Nurse Line, the nurse will:
- Ask you questions about your health
- Give you information on how to care for yourself at home, when appropriate
- Give you information to help you decide what other care you need
Please remember the 24/7 Nurse Line does not take the place of your PCP. Always follow up with your PCP if you have questions about your health care.
Services are not covered outside of the United States and its territories.