Programs to Help You Stay Healthy
AmeriHealth Caritas is committed to helping you stay healthy. In addition to the covered services required by New Hampshire Medicaid, we offer extra benefits to help you.
If you would like information on any of our programs, call AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire's Member Services for more information at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Extra benefits include*:
- Vision — Members get $100 per year for contact lenses.
- Home education visits for children — We provide home visits to address home-based asthma triggers to qualifying members. Members living in Manchester and Nashua will be referred to the local Department of Public Health for inclusion in the local program.
- Help keep your child healthy in school. Use this asthma checklist (PDF) to get started.
- SafeLink Wireless phone program — SafeLink Wireless is a federal program that provides free phone service and minutes each month to income-eligible customers who apply and qualify for the program.
- Living Beyond Pain program — Members living with chronic pain can enroll in care coordination to access alternative pain management strategies as part of a person-centered plan. Members can get referrals to and coverage for appropriate pain management alternatives such as acupuncture and chiropractic therapy, not to exceed 12 visits each of acupuncture and chiropractic therapy per member per benefit year.** Referral and coverage of services is facilitated through a Care Coordinator as part of a member-centered plan of care statewide.
- To learn more, call Member Services at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730).
AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire also offers member rewards and incentives*:
- CARE Card* — With our CARE Card program, you can receive rewards for completing health-related activities (up to a $250 value per member per year). Learn more about how you can earn rewards.
- Car seats and booster seats* — We provide car seats and booster seats at no cost to you for child members (up to a $129 value).
- WW* (formerly Weight Watchers®) membership — Up to six months for members with a goal to lose weight (up to a $250 value).
- Mission GED* — AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire provides support to qualifying adult members to earn their high school equivalency credentials, including up to $125 toward the cost of the New Hampshire HiSET exam.
- Home-delivered meals after a hospital stay — Members being discharged after a qualifying inpatient hospital stay can receive home-delivered meals (14 meals/seven days) post discharge. Qualifying stays include those for new moms in recovery from substance use disorder, members with substance use disorder who successfully complete an inpatient substance use disorder treatment program as part of the flexible recovery benefit, and adult members (ages 21 to 64) with heart disease or diabetes. Meals for members with dietary restrictions are prepared according to dietary guidelines (up to a $98 value).
- Peer respite transportation — Transportation to state covered respite services to remove access barrier for members in need of peer respite (up to a $175 value).
- Flexible recovery benefit to support recovery — Members may receive up to a $500 credit to access alternative peer recovery support services available after completing a non-hospital substance use disorder residential treatment program. Services available are subject to a $500 lifetime limit, and some are also subject to the $250 annual incentive limit. Services include chiropractic care, acupuncture, and transportation. For more information, please contact Member Services at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730).
Help with problems beyond medical care
It can be hard to focus on your health if you have problems with your housing or worry about having enough food to feed your family. AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire can connect you to resources in your community to help you manage issues beyond your medical care.
Call Member Services at 1-833-704-1177 (TTY 1-855-534-6730), use the resources below, or visit 211NH, if you:
- Worry about your housing or living conditions.
- Have trouble getting enough food to feed you or your family.
- Find it hard to get to appointments, work or school because of transportation issues.
- Feel unsafe or are experiencing interpersonal violence (if you are in immediate danger, call 911).
* Some restrictions and limitations may apply. Earn up to $250 in cash and non-cash goods and services each state fiscal year.
** All chiropractic and acupuncture services require authorization through the Living Beyond Pain program.